Minecraft has become extremely popular in the online gaming community, with over 91 million users from all around the world. This figure represents the amount of players who log in on a monthly basis. Minecraft is, without a doubt, one of the most popular platforms available. Many users, on the other hand, complained about the error they were getting when trying to connect to a server. The problem “io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no additional information” does not affect just one server, but all of them.
Why “io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException” Error Occurred?
Following that, after obtaining numerous reports pointing to the same issue from a variety of users, we were forced to investigate the causes of this error as quickly as possible. Here are the factors that resulted in this inaccuracy. Read them attentively so that you may move forward with confidence in resolving the problem.
- To connect the game to the server properly, add all of the game directories, as well as the Java files, to the Windows Firewall’s exclusion list. Because there’s a chance that the Windows Firewall you’re using is preventing you from establishing a connection to the server.
- Minecraft features an official list of software that is incompatible with the game. If these are downloaded and installed on the machine from which you are attempting to connect to the server, they can cause conflicts and difficulties.
- When attempting to create a connection with the server, you may see this error if you use the wrong IP address or the listed port. Unless you utilise a static IP address, which is uncommon because the IP address assigned to you by your ISP frequently changes. It’s possible that numerous users will be assigned the same IP address. As a result, you must change your IP address on a regular basis. The reason for this is because while sending the connection to the server, the IP address as well as the true port are used. The server then approves the connection to be established successfully.
- If the system’s Java is out of date, but the launcher is up to date, there may be issues with specific game elements. As a result, the server connection is disrupted. As a result, in order for Minecraft to function properly, it needs to be running on the most recent version of Java software.
How To Fix This Error
You’ve come here because you’re aware of the causes for this error. Now, go through the solutions in order to avoid any potential roadblocks.
Restart Your Modem
It’s possible that your Internet modem/router is causing you troubles. It’s at this point that you’ll notice this error, Follow these procedures to fix it in Minecraft:
- Turn off your Router for at least 5 minutes. Restart the router by turning it back on.
- If the power-off procedure does not work, try resetting all of the router’s settings and starting over.
Restart the Internet
The ISP’s given IP address is changed. Unless you utilise a static IP address, whenever your internet router is rebooted. By power cycling the Internet Router, we are entirely reinitializing the DNS cache and internet settings in these steps. Take the following steps:
- Turn off the power to the internet router.
- After waiting 5 minutes, reconnect the power connection.
- As soon as you have internet connectivity, try to connect to the server. Check to see whether the issue still exists.
Uninstall Conflicting Software
Some software interferes with the Minecraft servers’ usual operation. The Virtual Ethernet with Hamachi is one of them. Follow these steps to delete or disable the software to be on the safe side and avoid any further errors.
- At the command prompt, type “ipconfig.” Virtual Ethernet Connection with Hamachi appears as a configuration. Please make a list of all of the addresses.
- Now go to the Search Panel and delete Hamachi’s Virtual Ethernet Connection.
- Then, on the Minecraft server, provide your appropriate port number and IP address. Now you must fix the Minecraft io.netty problems.
- Continue to the following step to learn how to add the IP address and port number to your Minecraft server.
You can apply this method if your Game Data becomes corrupted, resulting in issues such as the “io.netty.channel.”
An error occurred when this Atimed out. This problem can be resolved by uninstalling Minecraft and reinstalling it on a new computer.
Use the Right VPN
If Minecraft is prohibited in your area, you can use Minecraft Servers. Otherwise, choose a reputable VPN provider. They will not prevent you from accessing the Minecraft server. The error “io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no additional information” may be resolved simply by changing the region.